Thursday, January 11, 2007

Off to Moscow today!

Well, actually, we have a little business to take care of in Tver. I go to the notary and then to court to agree to the adoption. I am nervous about the formality of it, but not as nervous as I was prior to making my decision.

Our Agency will drive us to Moscow after court. I have to admit that they pamper us and I hear the the Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel is even more luxurious... it's a five-start hotel. I'm looking forward to some sight-seeing, but it's bitter-sweet leaving Grace behind. I feel responsible for her and want the best for her. I know that the caretakers at the baby home will work hard to keep her well, but they don't have the resources. They need so much.

It's a bit ironic to see a baby home in poverty, then a 4-star hotel in Tver, and soon a 5-star hotel in Moscow. I wish everyone in the world was warm and had plenty of healthy food to eat.

No comments: