Friday, January 12, 2007


Court Date!

Here's a picture of me and Dad on a pedestrian shopping street in Tver... like State Street in Madison.

I saw a judge today in Tver. He was big and burly, about 60 years old. He did a cursory review of my adoption documents and asked me a few questions. I was very nervous going in, because the agency guide was preparing me for the worst. It turned out to be very straightforward.

My tentative court date is Feb. 16. Mom and I need to leave February 12 to be here early. (Mom, I hope you're reading this!) It will be a 2-3 week trip. They've just changed some document requirements. Of course, I am the first to struggle with these new requirements. I have to see eight different doctors to evaluate me and determine that I am healthy enough to be a mother. I've asked my agency to push back a little and ask why this is now required.

I can't believe I have to leave Grace behind. We were just starting to get to know each other. I feel terrible leaving her in such poverty. I know that she is basically OK, but she could have so much more with me. I can't stop thinking about her and the condition of the baby home. Please pray to keep her safe while I am away.

We arrived in Moscow on Friday evening. We're at a hoighty-toighty hotel and plan to see the Red Square and the Kremlin tomorrow. Dad seems to be feeling better. I am grateful that I have stayed healthy during this trip. I'm looking forward to the diversion and making the time pass quickly between now and my next trip. I can't wait to get back to Kashin and baby Grace.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

Congratulations on your court date! I'm so excited for you and Grace! The time will fly and drag all at the same time (it's one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced!), but just keep your eye on the end goal and you'll do fine! Grace will be yours in just a little over a month!

Hugs!

Jeana