Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dad is already asleep, so I was watching the video tape from today. I forgot to tell you about the teeth!

I was curious about the number of her teeth. She has four on top and two on the bottom. In order to get her to open her mouth, I did a little bit of "I'll show me mine if you show me yours." So, she was touching my mouth and my teeth... it was so cute! A special moment... Then, I remembered the little purple, stuffed animal monkey that plays "When you're happy and you know it clap your hands." Whenever you squeeze his hand, he sings a phrase from the song. So, when Grace touched a tooth, I sang a phrase from the song. It worked well and she thought it was a fun game!

2 comments:

Christy said...

See, it comes naturally! As you get to know Grace better, it will be so much more fun, too! Attachment is a two-way street--you have to do the little things to help you attach to her just as you do the things to help her attach to you!

You're doing great!!!

If you're happy and you know it . . .

Christy

Jeana said...

Congratulations on your new daughter, Kelly! I'm so happy for you and for Grace!

Luba was my interpreter--if you haven't figured it out already, she loves movies--especially ones with Johnny Depp. She also loves peanut butter (in case you are thinking of bringing her a little gift on trip two.) They can't get peanut butter there.

Again, I am SO happy for you!

Hugs!

Jeana