Monday, February 12, 2007

There is no room in the inn...

We arrived in Moscow a few minutes late (8:30 PM), but our flights went fine. BUT, no-one picked us up at the airport! Mom and I are stuck in a hotel near the Moscow airport! Ugh! We waited at the airport (SVO) for an hour, fending off the taxi drivers the whole time. Then, we took a free shuttle bus to Novotel, a hotel about two blocks away. The rooms here are $500 per night! We would have checked in, complimentary of CHI, but there are no rooms available! Can you believe it?

The CHI representative in Moscow was very sweet on the phone, but she didn't have all of the information. The driver from Tver never made it to the airport, they think his car broke down and that his cell phone battery is dead. But, they don't know for sure, which makes me worry about Dima. I hope he's OK. Alexey is on his way to pick us up now. Hopefully, we'll be at the Osnabruk in Tver by 2:30 AM.

Mom says that this delay is a test of my patience. I admit to being frustrated at first, but I'm not that tired and I got wireless access in the hotel lobby... so all is well.

No news yet about tomorrow - we may or may not make it to the baby home in Kashin. I hope so...

To you Wisconsin folks: heard about the snow.... 4 inches already and more on the way? I'm glad that someone else is shoveling my driveway! Thank you Jim, Jenny, Tyler and Eric. You guys rock!

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Wow--the same thing happened to my mother and I except that we ended up stuck at the airport (DME)until nearly 2 a.m. We didn't get to the Osnabruck until 4:30. We were utterly exhausted--you seem to be faring much better in that regard. I wonder if this is a test they give all the single mom's...

Regardless, it's all worth it in the end!

Jeana

Tracy said...

I pray for patience and a calmness to wash over you these next few days...Grace will also be in Matthew & Eerina's prayers as well.
I can't wait to hear more!

Tracy