Thursday, February 15, 2007


Mom and I organized the hotel room to make more room for a crib. (My eyes just teared up when I typed about the crib!) :) We bought diapers, formula, wipes, and cereal at the apteka (pharmacy). We have to wait to go to the grocery store until after Alexey stops by, because we were told not to leave the hotel. We packed a diaper bag and two outfits: a 12 month size and an 18 month size – I'm not sure what will fit. (Tammy, I packed that cute Dora the Explorer outfit!) We also packed the snow suit, hat, mittens, boots and a blanket. Alexey will provide a car seat, which I'm grateful for due to the driving conditions. However, Grace has never been in a car or a car seat and will probably want to be held... it will be an interesting trip from the baby home to the hotel.

There's always a chance that we will not be able to pick her up tomorrow. Everyone, please pray for us making it back to the hotel safely, that court will go smoothly, and that I can pick her up tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Mom's having a hard time with the time change. She's not sleeping well. We got some melatonin today, hopefully that will help. She's also losing things left and right! She left her reading glasses at the baby home on Tuesday, so on Wednesday we went to the eye glass store – they checked her for the correct lenses and everything. They were about $20 and were ready in one hour.

She also lost an earing in the steam room / sauna area, and luckily the hotel staff found it later. Finally, today she lost her hat! We have to replace the hat because we do a lot of walking and it's required apparel!

We found a nice coffee house for a late lunch (very inexpensive) and bought some maps of Tver and Kashin. Masha is doing some translating for me so that I can read the historical information on the maps. That will be a nice souvenir for Grace's life book.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Kelly,

First off, {{{hugs}}} to you!! I know this is a very exciting time for you and your mom. I am sending my thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly in court on friday and that you will be able to take custody of Grace the same day!

It sounds like you are doing an excellent job with your interviews so far. Keep that levelness about you and you will do just fine! Breathe ;)

Take care, Good Luck and I can't wait for another update on your blog!!

Kari