Sunday, February 18, 2007

I can't believe how well this transition is going! Grace is easy going - as long as she's with me! We recognize that I'm the "most-familiar stranger" to her right now, but it sure feels like it was meant to be... that she knows that I'm the mom.

This picture was taken just before we went to breakfast. She's not a picky eater. She eats a little too fast, so we have to slow her down.


The picture below was in the doorway to our hotel room. We just came back from a quick trip to have her passport picture taken, and she wanted me to put her hat and mittens back on! She really likes them!

Thanks to "Aunt" Kathy for the mittens and hat! Thanks to Tammy and my friends at work for picking out the cute outfit!

Sorry that this one is blurry, but you can see that she's smiling more often!


After all the running around in the hallway, Mom helped me with feeding Grace (Sasha) lunch in our room. I laid down with her in my bed and she was asleep for her nap in five minutes! What an angel!

4 comments:

Jeana said...

It looks like she's adapting well, Kelly! My experience with Alivia was so similar! These kids are extraordinarily resilient. You're doing a great job and you both look so happy! Congratulations!

Jeana

Kari said...

You both look so happy and at ease with each other! I especially love the blurry picture, you can tell Grace is a very happy little girl, not to mention how happy her mommy is!!

Glad everything is going so well for all of you! Take care and have a safe trip home.

Kari

Laure said...

She's beautiful, Kelly! I am sure you can't wait to get back here and start your new life together. Melissa and i had coffee this morning and we were wondering when you would be back. I see now that you'll be home by Feb 23! yay! have safe travels, and keep us posted!

Christy said...

Kelly,

I am sooo happy for you and Grace!!! Congratulations, MOM!

I am sorry for not posting comments sooner. I went ahead and changed to the new blogger, and have been having issues with the password thing. (I figure the old blogger is one reason why it was a problem when I was in Russia the first time.)

So, SHE IS ADORABLE!!

I can't wait for you to be home with her. And that will happen soon enough.

Love to both of you!

Christy