Saturday, December 30, 2006

Family

My family is very important to me. We are together this weekend at a hotel with a pool. Both of my sisters are married with children, and I love to play with my nephews.

Even though most of the weekend will be fun, I'm sitting quietly by myself in a strange hotel, wondering how my life will change in the next weeks. I'm also enjoying the fact that this should be the last time I'm "solo" at a family outing. Soon, I'll have a family of my own. I'm so proud of that.

I'm also completely freaked out. I worry about everything that can go wrong and everything that I don't know. I usually like to be prepared, so I've been reading a lot about adoption parenting, etc. But I know enough to know that I don't know everything. And, right before I start to hyperventilate, I take a really deep breath and let out a long sigh. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. I HAVE FAITH. I remember my social workers, family and friends that I can turn to. And I remember how important starting my own family is to me. I can't wait to have my own family. I can't wait to be a mom!

No comments: